With a Magento eCommerce site, you’ll often want to work with your products offline. Luckily Magento makes it easy to export your product list via ftp and other methods. But once you’ve downloaded that CSV file and made your changes you’re going to have to import them back into Magento.
The good news is that Magento allows you to easily import your product list CSV file back into your website. You just have to follow a few simple steps, and you’re store will be updated and ready for more business!
- 1. Login to your Magento Account Dashboard.
- 2. Go to System -> Import/Export -> Profiles
- 3. Click on Import All Products
- 4. On the First section, Profile Wizard, make sure Data transfer is set to Interactive. Also, make sure that Data Format Type is CSV/Tab separated. To apply these changes, click Save and Continue.
- 5. Now move on to the next section, Upload File. Here’s where you click the Choose File button to select the CSV file you want to upload from your computer.
- 6. Once that is done, click Save and Continue.
- 7. After it has saved, click Run Profile. You will then need to select the file you just uploaded.
- 8. If you found the file successfully, you should then click Run Profile in Popup.
Magento will begin uploading your product data. This may take a while, depending on the file size, connection speed, etc. But that’s it – you’re done!